Saturday, September 25, 2010

Impulse Shopper...

Oh Target...how I love thee...let me count the aisles...


I had one of these nights tonight...I just walked and walked and walked {sans kiddos}.  Our Target has a Starbucks right there in front...and while I'm not a coffee drinker, it has turned just cool enough that one did sound really yummy!  But I passed...because I was determined NOT to impulse buy tonight!

Of course I have done all of my household shopping this month already through our partner company, so my shopping tonight was just for a baby gift...but somehow I walked out of there with more than was on my list!  (And, of course, I forgot the toilet paper!)

BUT....

That was the first time I have done that in a LONG time!  My days of shopping for detergent, cleaners, vitamins, etc, are over!  Worrying if the store brand is as good as the name brand, clipping coupons for such items, wondering if the "safer" products really are safer...all over!!  Thus, my IMPULSE buying days are over (for the most part-- I mean, I am a woman!)  I can't tell you the number of times I walked into ___(insert store name)___ to get just a few items and that trip would turn into a ---basket-full, how many plastic bags can I fill, way more money than I meant to spend--- trip!  And you just leave the store feeling so defeated and a little ashamed because you know you're going to have to explain the trip to the hubster!!  UGH!

This month, I bought what I needed AND was able to use one of my many perks to receive a few extra items I had been wanting to try out-- for FREE!  YAY!

Oh, and my pantry floors are no longer filled with all the plastic bags from the store that I always had good intentions of taking back to the store to recycle!  Just a few grocery store bags from going to the store for weekly groceries!  I really do need to start using those reusable bags, though!  I have some...that will be my next thing to work on...maybe a post about that in the near future!

HAPPY SHOPPING!

No comments:

Post a Comment