Thursday, November 11, 2010

How Do You Do It?!

EXERCISE!

How do you do it??  I can't ever seem to find the time or energy or "get up and go" to get out and get going!  I have tried to convince my dear hubby that we need an elliptical or treadmill, but he has repeatedly told me it would be a waste of space and eventually turn into another place to hang clothes! I mean, he could be right- but seriously- I can't leave the house during naptime, by night time when hubby is home I am just plain pooped, and I would have to get up before the rooster crows to do it in the mornings!  I guess I like my sleep too much??  (Of course if I were more disciplined, I'd be in bed before 10 and might could handle it.) 

I would like to convince myself that my everyday activities are enough- carrying a hefty 8+ month old around (which is really just making my hips out of whack), running up and down the stairs, and just the everyday hustle and bustle.  But I know that if I were to go outside right now and run to the end of the street and back- I.might.just.die.  I mean let's face it- none of us are as young as we were ten years ago!  I mean, for Pete's sake- I'm finding gray hairs in my always-turning-darker-no-longer-blonde hair!! 

So my question is this- how do you do it?  When do you find the time?  Are you consistent with it?  Please tell me I'm not the only one!!!!

1 comment:

  1. You are not the only one!!! I am in the same boat and would love to know how others manage it. By the time I get home from work and then spend time with the kids, I am wiped out and fall into the bed exhausted. ~ Emily

    ReplyDelete